2023 Spring Camp Schedule
April 24th-25th 8th Grade Percussion Clinics 4:00-6:30pm
April 26th-27th Percussion Clinics 4:00-6:30pm
May 2nd-4th Percussion Placement Camp 4:00-6:30pm
May 9th-11th Full Marching Hawks Spring Camp 4:00-6:30pm
*2023 Band Parent Meeting – Monday, May 15th 7:00pm – HHS Auditorium
This meeting is for all 8th grade families AND returning high school families.
May 18th Full Marching Hawks Spring Camp 4:00-6:30pm
May 30th-31st Full Marching Hawks Spring Camp 4:00-6:30pm
June 6th-7th Full Marching Hawks Spring Camp 4:00-6:30pm
June 13th Full Marching Hawks Spring Camp 4:00-6:30pm
2023 Summer Band Camp Schedule
August 7th-11th Percussion and Color Guard Camp 9:00am-5:00pm
August 8th-11th Woodwind Clinics 9:00am-Noon
August 8th-11th Brass Clinics 1:00pm-5:00pm
August 14th-18th FULL BAND CAMP RESERVE ALL DAY
August 21st-25th FULL BAND CAMP RESERVE ALL DAY
August 29th-31st Full Band Rehearsals 5:00pm-9:00pm
*Regular rehearsal schedule begins when school starts (Tues, Wed, Thur 4:15-7:00pm)
Here are a couple of reminders for our students of what to wear and bring with them to band camp!
- Instrument and all of your music (no brainer!)
- Wear comfortable tennis shoes and socks. (No sandals or flip flops)
- Wear lighter colored clothing. (Shorts and t-shirts) This will help you stay a little cooler.
- Sunscreen! Sunscreen! Sunscreen! Yes, we all want a nice tan, however a burn is not the way to go. Please check the dates on your sunscreens to be sure they are not expired. Use mineral based sunscreen instead of chemical based – their skin will thank you!
- Bring a hat or something to cover your head.
- Lip Balm with SPF.
- Water Jug with water. Yes, we will have Gatorade available during our break, however if we have a GUSH and GO, you will want the water on the sideline! Please do not share water jugs. Make sure your name is on the jug.
- Food! Bring your lunch! Dinner will be provided!
- EAT BREAKFAST! Please eat a healthy breakfast and try to stay away from dairy. Make sure to eat something of substance.. more than a cracker!
Every year we have a handful of members get dizzy from not eating a proper breakfast.. do not let this be you! Hydrate ahead of camp!!
- Arrive before 9:00 AM.
- Pay attention and remain positive. It will be hot outside, but if you lose focus or become negative, it can make for a long day and really isn’t fun for the neighbors you are marching with. Keep positive and make it a fun day!
- Keep your cool! Some of the drill may be difficult, but keep a positive attitude, ask questions of your instructors and we will find a way to help you. Don’t get frustrated. Remember all of your instructors have been in your shoes and know the best way to help you. If you don’t understand the concept right away, that is okay. We know with repetition you will!
- Know Rehearsal Etiquette. No talking during rehearsal and move quickly when we are resetting. Knowing rehearsal etiquette can make everything work smoothly for the band and shows professionalism.
- Make new friends. Take this opportunity to meet new people! You will have life long friends!
- Put in the effort! Make personal goals everyday and work towards achieving them. (examples- perfecting a difficult musical passage, holding up brass instruments at proper angle, perfecting your posture)
- Thank those who help you. Whether it is a section leader, upperclassmen, or band parent volunteer. Take the time to thank them for their help. Everyone works really hard to make this a fine program. Thank you is so easy to say, and often not said enough! =)
- Make your section the best! Work hard to make each and every section the best it can be. Never talk negatively about another section. You do not know what their workload is like. Do not assume it is easier than your own. Be positive and build each other up!